I ran across this recipe for homemade strawberry freezer jam (yum!) and just had to give it a whirl. I'm taking a gamble by posting this, since the jam hasn't gone in the freezer and has yet to set. But my hopes are high! :)
I followed the recipe, but did a thing or two differently.
Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Approximately 3 cups strawberries
- 4 cups sugar (this amount was staggering to me; I put slightly less in and it still tastes great).
- 3 tablespoons Real Fruit Pectin*
- 3/4 cup water
1. Wash and hull your strawberries.
2. Mash the strawberries into fine chunks.
3. In a large bowl, mix the sugar and the strawberries together and let them sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Mix the pectin and water together and bring to a boil. Boil one minute, stirring constantly.
5. Mix the pectin mixture into the strawberries and sugar. Stir 2-3 minutes, until well combined.
6. Ladle into jars and store in the freezer. You're done! :)
Enjoy your yummy homemade jam!