July 16, 2012

The Kitchen

Woohoo! The kitchen is finished. It's actually been finished for a while, but I'm lazy about blogging :)


Since my last kitchen update post, we've grouted and switched out the light fixture above the sink. And Leo has some new pop-of-yellow dog bowls. Very big update, you know.

I love this fixture- it's so shiny and nautical/industrial. Definitely an upgrade from it's predecessor.


I switched out the art and the dog bowls. I wasn't sure if I'd like the green curtains with the new wall color, but I think they look good.


Here's the other side of the kitchen. I've been in a color pop sort of kick for a while, and am trying to infuse some into this room.


My grass was actually still alive when I shot this photo. Whoops.


My view while washing dishes. Except not anymore (the bushes are all gone- more on that project later).


The flour and sugar canisters got new labels, too. I was getting sick of the chalkboard ones.


There you have it. Out with the dark and cozy, and in with the airy and fresh.

11 comments:

  1. Love it! Where did you get your under cabinet paper towel rack? I've been looking for one, but haven't seen one that I liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie! :) It's from Lowes- I think it was $17 and they had a few styles.

      Delete
  2. Great job! Where did you get your light above you sink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's an Allen + Roth fixture from Lowes- only $48!

      Delete
  3. I am in LOVE with your kitchen!! It is so soothing; that grey is perfect. Ours is still a harvest gold/avodaco throwback to the 70's. :) This one has given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across your Blog from Pinterest....can you tell me where your print "hold on to your fork" came from - I love it:)
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your kitchen! Where did you get the backsplash from and what is the name of it? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The tile is a special order from Home Depot. It's Daltile Rittenhouse subway tile in Desert Gray. We ordered ours with a gloss finish, but it comes in a matte finish as well. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  6. what color is the paint above the cabinets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Unfortunately it was a custom color match from a Valspar paint (I had Home Depot mix mine), and I don't have the exact name anymore :( Bummer! I just took a photo of the top of my paint can with all of the color into, and I can send it to you if you want. Hope this helps!

      Delete