I'm six weeks into my fall recipe bucket list, and so far have stayed on track with one recipe a week. I thought I'd take a minute to review the first six.
Week 1: Apple Cider Caramel Cookies
- They were okay. The dough looked like it would taste heavenly, but tasted EXACTLY like those green apple caramel suckers. EXACTLY. I kept eating it expecting it to taste better, and it never did. I added a bunch of cinnamon, which helped. On their own, the cookies were nothing special. They tasted good with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, but that's the only way I'd eat them.
Week 2: Pumpkin Bread with Streusel Topping
- Winner winner chicken dinner- this has been the best recipe to date. Super yummy and pumpkin-y. A little putzy, though. I have a pumpkin muffin recipe from a friend where you mix a box of spice cake with a large can of pumpkin, and that's it. They're really good. And the bread tasted exactly like this. In the future, I'd use my easy pumpkin recipe and use the streusel topping that came with this bread.
Week 3: Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- These were gross. I totally wasn't expecting this to be bad, but it was. I actually didn't even finish my latte, and dumped the rest down the sink. The cinnamon was overpowering.
Week 4: Butternut Squash Risotto
- Pretty good, but not good enough to make again. I love me some risotto, and although this risotto tasted good, it wasn't anything special. The butternut squash didn't shine though much- you wouldn't have known it was there if I didn't tell you.
Week 5: Baked Apple Pie Egg rolls
- Super yummy, and super easy! This is also a relatively light recipe. I'm definitely making these again, and Charlie liked them a lot, too. I served mine with caramel sauce and cook whip.
Week 6: Pumpkin Poppers
- This was my most highly anticipated recipe. I don't know why- maybe the name? Poppers just sound yummy. They were good, but not as fabulous as expected; I think I wanted them to be like pumpkin mini donuts. They're basically mini pumpkin muffins rolled in cinnamon sugar. (Once again, my super simple pumpkin bread/muffin recipe could have easily substituted here)